2017 has ended but I can’t let go. Last week I presented to you my top 10 albums of 2017. This week I listed my 25 most streamed singles on Spotify of 2017 for you. Here they are!
25. Empty – Olivia O’Brien
24. Bite My Tongue – Logan Henderson
23. Swish Swish – Katy Perry ft. Nicki Minaj
22. Thief – Ansel Elgort
21. Run Up – Major Lazer ft. Nicki Minaj
20. Most Girls – Hailee Steinfeld
19. Friends – Justin Bieber
18. Do re mi – Blackbear
17. Regret in Your Tears – Nicki Minaj
16. Symphony – Clean Bandit ft. Zara Larsson
15. Paris – The Chainsmokers
14. Look What You Made Me Do – Taylor Swift
13. No More Sad Songs – Little Mix ft. Machine Gun Kelly
12. F.F.F. (Fuck Fake Friends) – Bebe Rexha ft. G-Eazy
11. Light My Body Up – David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
10. Malibu – Miley Cyrus
9. Younger Now – Miley Cyrus
8. At My Best – Machine Gun Kelly ft. Hailee Steinfeld
7. Mud Blood – Loïc Nottet
6. Now or Never – Halsey
5. Sleepwalker – Logan Henderson
4. Tell Me You Love Me – Demi Lovato
3. Love Incredible – Cashmere Cat ft. Camila Cabello
2. No Promises – Cheat Codes ft. Demi Lovato
1. Sorry Not Sorry – Demi Lovato
2017 has been a great year in pop music. I discovered new artists: singers like Olivia O’Brien and Bebe Rexha, rappers: like Blackbear and Machine Gun Kelly. I instantly fell in love with their inspiring songs. Ansel Elgort and Hailee Steinfeld proofed again that they aren’t only young talented actors but also amazing singers. Logan Henderson released for the first-time new music on his own since the split of Big Time Rush. His new music is very different than what the old boy band sang on Nickelodeon’s tv show. He took his time, but it was worth waiting. He has developed himself as an independent artist and he is on a good way with his original music.
In the first place I was sad that Camila Cabello left Fifth Harmony, but after I heard Camila’s new music I was so glad, and I celebrated her separation from the girl band. She is much better on her own. I also enjoyed new genres like dancehall and tropical house by the DJs: Cheat Codes, The Chainsmokers, Major Lazer and Cashmere Cat. Young artists like Zara Larsson and Loïc Nottet showed that age is just a number, even though they are both very young they sing and perform like professional artists.
Little Mix made me freak out with their singles “No More Sad Song” and “Power”. I really enjoyed new music by my favorite artists: Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Halsey and Nicki Minaj. Especially, I proofed myself again that I am still a Lovatic by listening to Demi Lovato’s collaborations and to her new album on repeat. I am ready for 2018 and can’t wait to hear more new music, but I admit that 2017 was one of the best years in pop music for a long time. Do you agree? Next week we will look closer to the best sold album of 2017. Do you know which album I’m talking about?